A year ago Microsoft launch two free resource programs in order to help IT professionals understand the transition they would need to under take transferring their traditional on premise skill set to one that would be suitable for the cloud technology that is a hot topic. Those two programs were the Microsoft IT Pro Cloud Essentials and the Microsoft IT Pro Career Center.
A survey sponsored by Microsoft in 2016 uncovered the fact that by 2020, more than 1 in 3 IT positions will be cloud related, so as far as industry trends are concerned the cloud is here to stay and IT professionals need to start adapting their skills to accommodate it.
So what are these two programs that Microsoft have available and how can they help advance your career?
Microsoft IT Pro Cloud Essentials
The IT Pro Cloud Essentials site provides you with access to cloud services, training, support and certification.
At present the benefits include the following:
- You can activate an offer that will provide you with $25 (US dollars) worth of Azure credits for 12 months, allowing you to set up demo and test environments within the platform and get some hands on experience;
- A 3 month subscription to Enterprise Mobility + Security, to test drive Azure Active Directory, Intune, Azure Rights Management and lots more;
- A 60 day trial of the Office 365 E3 plan to help you familiarize yourself with the console and functions;
- 3 months free access to Pluralsight and all the expert training material located there;
- A free phone support incident for Azure or on-premises products;
- And at times they give out voucher codes to get discounts on Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exams, although this offer is usually on a first come, first served basis.
The IT Pro Cloud Essentials website is located at http://www.itprocloudessentials.com/
Microsoft IT Pro Career Center
The IT Pro Career Center can offer IT professionals the chance to understand the paths their career can take and offer them training courses to help start that journey.
- You can map the role you are best suited or wish to pursue with the cloud in mind;
- Follow a learning curriculum for your chosen cloud role at your own pace;
- Take a personality traits quiz and understand how you can match your traits to a cloud role;
- Hear from fellow professionals on how they evolved their skills and hear about the industry trends.
The IT Pro Career Center is located at http://www.itprocareercenter.com/
I’ve taken advantaged of both these programs and they have both been beneficial to me, sign up today and take advantage of the free resources to help advance your career you won’t be disappointed!